lunes, 8 de abril de 2013

Unusual: the pain of some other pain relief



When someone suffers pain from another person, the victim feels pain relief by finding the perpetrator.Extra!

In our culture we feel good that if someone causes an injury, so we may receive compensation equivalent to that injury, as we consider ourselves compensated if the cause of our prejudice has a similar loss.

For example, a person decides to spoil the front of our house, is discovered, arrested, charged and sentenced to pay damages to the front of the housing recover it looked before the vandalism, but will not have the sufficient financial resources to meet that expense, then you could lose condenársele freedom for some time.

The society in which we live requires us to accept some of these claims and therefore we are obliged to conform to them.

If the vandal is solvent and can afford to repair it deteriorated, it would seem logical that we take for underserved, but the strange thing is that cause damage similar to that we have been able to ease our loss.

In fact we are talking about the law of retaliation: "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."

What reasoning I have to do to understand that my injury is repaired with the injury of another? I think all I can think of is that the cause and I are practically the same person.

If I could express in mathematical terms would think that if the damage has received a plus, finding that the deceased had similar damage to me operates like the same damage but with a negative sign.

In other words, if someone causes injury hurts me, I feel complete relief if I find that the deceased suffered equally.Extra!

Note: Original in Spanish (without translation by Google): Insólito: el dolor de algunos alivia el dolor de otros.
 
(Este es el Artículo Nº 1.862)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario