martes, 18 de diciembre de 2012

The cannibalism of a good person



The Catholic rite of eating the body of Christ (Eucharist) recalls a fable of Aesop.

Aesop was a writer of stories that perhaps there about six hundred years before Christ.

Those stories were fables, ie intervening fictions in humans, animals and imaginary characters, animate and inanimate. They had a remarkable pedagogical purpose. In all these stories the author gave any instruction, advice, wisdom.

My mother insisted me to study but I always liked to read, learn and get good grades, but it is clear that she liked my protagonist feel student achievement and so I insisted to do what they would have done anyway.

One of the myths that I remember now was the donkey and books.

According to a donkey Aesop has encountered some books while grazing. As was his wish to feel superior to others of its kind (eagerness to achieve, we would say today) imagined that eating them easily incorporate all that otherwise would have to read, think, understand, memorize.

So he did: he stopped eating grass and swallowed the books. Without checking the results gathered exhibirles other burritos for all I knew. When he wanted to do such amazing demonstration could not say anything because he knew nothing and ended up being the laughing stock of the expectant audience.

The story impressed me enormously, however, to the chagrin of my mother, I think that's what pushed me early Christianity.

Indeed, the Eucharist is "In the Catholic Church, sacrament instituted by Jesus Christ, through which, by the words the priest says, is transustancian the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ" (1).

I do not think eating me (symbolically) the body reaches a good person to become a good person.

Note: Original in Spanish (without translation by Google): La antropofagia de una buena persona
 
(This is the Article No. 1782)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario