Share some hypotheses for why some lament, for others to advise immediately disqualify and feel triumphant.
It is common to see people we know, when they say they would feel like this or that other counselors face saying that if they do something to prevent that from which they are complaining is because they have no money, or do not have time or suffering from any medical cause, itself or others which prevents them from resolving the problems that grieve.
- I should have studied to be a lawyer, that's what I always liked-, laments one, to which the caller replied:
- How?!, If you just have 30 years, you're on time! - In a voice that speaks of his conviction unquestionable. Then the complainant zafa obvious solution, replicating:
- I have to take care of my elderly mother, or: at home are many and not enough money, or: work 8 hours a day, plus two hours of travel to and from ..., impossible, the day has 24 hours. I have not time.
Everything is very reasonable, but here think of some things that may be worth mentioning:
1) The wail excite, irritate, mobilizes the caller. What anguish. He produced an urgent need to assist the complainant. If it does not default is autoincriminaría assistance;
2) the complainant does not want to study law, he is simply dreaming of another reality, and on a hot day someone can dream of a cold beer;
3) Surely, who advises believes that "love is power" and can not help but apply this formula magic in everything, on everything to keep believing in it, although, in fact, never worked;
4) To easily disqualify counselor recommendations, the plaintiff enjoys feeling triumphant.
Note: Original in Spanish (without translation by Google): La dinámica social de los lamentos.
(Este es el Artículo Nº 1.993)